Adopt a Cat
*July SPECIAL* Throughout the month of July adopt any of our TABBY kittens for only $20. Of course, donations are gladly accepted!
You must fill out an application and be approved by our adoption coordinator.
Ready to adopt? Please read our adoption guidelines below
and then click here to fill out an application.
About PALS TNRM
Through the years, a group of volunteers united to help free-roaming cats and formed TNRM-San Marcos. Their mission to reduce euthanasia of homeless cats brought them together with Pet Prevent a Litter (PALS) of Central Texas in 2008 this union resulted in the formation of PALS TNRM. PALS endorses TNRM, and supports volunteers in TNRM efforts through training and technical support, advocacy and community outreach.
PALS TNRM volunteers spay and neuter hundreds of cats each year, preventing thousands of unwanted kittens from dying in on the streets or in shelters.
Sometimes, cats (usually kittens) rescued from the streets can be tamed and adopted. As soon as the kittens cats are healthy, vaccinated, spayed or neutered and socialized they are available for adoption.
The adopter must to agree to the following:
1. PALS does not adopt cats or kittens as gifts or to live with anyone other than the applicant.
2. The cat is to live in an indoor private residence as a companion animal.
3. The adopter agrees to provide the cat with sufficient quantities of nutritious food and fresh water each day.
4. The adopter agrees to never have the cat de-clawed.
5. The adopter agrees to pay an adoption fee of $45. Note: PALS does offer monthly specials, be sure to ask!
6. Neutering is required by five months of age. If the cat is not neutered prior to adoption, the adopter agrees to bring the cat to PALS clinic (appointment required) as soon as it reaches 3 pounds (minimum weight requirement to neuter) and no later than 5 months.
7. Alternatively, the adopter may choose a different vet to get the cat neutered and vaccinated, but proof of surgery must be mailed/ e-mailed to PALS within 30 days of the procedure.
8. If the cat must be relinquished for any reason, the adopter must return the cat to PALS.
Please download, print and complete the adoption contract. Email or mail it back to us in order to complete your adoption.
Use the adoption application above for more information about adopting any of our cats or kittens.